Macmillan Practice Online guide for teachers
Macmillan Practice Online is an online practice environment for learners of English. Students log in to complete resources from an online course that can match the syllabus of a Macmillan book, offer preparation for a specific exam or practice for general and business English. Macmillan Practice Online offers teachers optional access to connect with students and monitor their progress. This is a quick start guide to help teachers begin using Macmillan Practice Online.
Setting up a class
As a teacher you can create a class for your students to join. Once the student has joined your class you can see the course content your students have access to as well as view their progress and scores.
To set up a class:
1. From the ‘Classes’ tab, click on ‘ADD A CLASS’.
2. Fill in the title and description of the class and choose which courses you would like to add to the class.
3. A password is generated automatically, which you can change to something more memorable. The password must be unique. Give this password to your students to join the class.
4. Click on ‘submit’ when you are finished.
5. Click on the cross to close the class.
You will now see your class in the Classes area.
Note: Make sure the course you add to your class is exactly the same course as the one your students have activated on their accounts. If it is not the same course, the students will not be able to join your class.
The number of users is the number of students who will be able to join your class so make sure you have a large enough number to accommodate your students!